Showing the single result
Information About Hydrocodone Medication
What is Hydrocodone?
Hydrocodone serves as opioid-based pain-relieving medication. Doctors prescribed this to patients who require 24X7 pain medicines for a long time — also, those who do not respond to other types of treatments. Since hydrocodone falls under the category of opiate or narcotic, it changes the response pain mechanism of the brain and nervous system.
Most Hydrocodone products come with a combination of different substances. Thus, make sure to read the information that comes with the product. Similarly, ask your doctor and pharmacist before using it.
Hydrocodone Medications Side Effects
List of common side effects of Hydrocodone:
- Body Ache or Pain
- Bloody or Cloudy Urine
- Bladder Pain
- Breathing Difficulty
- Ear Congestion
- Sore Throat
- Frequent Urination
- Weight Gain or Loss
- Nasal Congestion
- Tingling in feet or hands
Symptoms of Hydrocodone Overdose Includes:
- Blurred vision
- Blue Lips and Fingernails
- Consciousness disorientation
- Coughing with pink sputum
- Restriction in responsiveness
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, faintness
- Chest Discomfort
- Slower heartbeat
Minor side effects are common during hydrocodone consumption, which usually goes away without any medical attention. Ask your doctor for ways to prevent or reduce these side effects. Similarly, for signs of overdose, you should consult a medical professional right away.
Hydrocodone comes in the form of capsule and tablet both accordingly. Moreover, you have to take it orally once every 24 hours. Follow the directions mentioned on the prescription and ask your doctor for any confusion. Always take hydrocodone at the same time every day.
You need to swallow the tablet or capsule as a whole with plenty of water. In addition, never try to soak, lick, or wet it at any condition. Doctors often prescribe hydrocodone at a low dose at the initial stage and then increase the dose gradually. Wait for at least 3 to 7 days before extending your dosage.
Your body will get habituated to the prolonged use of hydrocodone. In such cases, your doctor may prescribe you a different medication. Furthermore, you can buy hydrocodone online, but make sure you consult your doctor before taking them. Thus, never try to discontinue hydrocodone without consulting your doctor.
More so, sudden discontinuation could lead to withdrawal symptoms like muscle pain, teary eyes, runny nose, sweating, anxiety, joint pain, back pain, stomach cramps, irritation, vomiting, appetite loss, sleep deprivation, weakness, etc.
- Always inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to hydrocodone or any medications or any ingredients present in the prescribed product.
- Inform your doctor and pharmacist about your medications, supplements, and vitamins you are currently taking or planning to take in the future.
- If you used to consume medicines like Marplan, Zyvox, Nardil, Azilect, Parnate, Emsam, zelopar, or Eldepryl, then inform that to your doctor as well.
- This medication may decrease fertility in men and women. More so, ask your doctor about the risks.
- If you are planning to have surgery, including dental, then inform your doctor that is on hydrocodone.
- Getting up from a lying position can cause a feeling of dizziness, fainting, or lightheadedness. Furthermore, rest your feet on the floor for a couple of minutes before you stand.
- Hydrocodone may lead to constipation. Firstly, ask your doctor for a diet change or prescribe other medications.
- Never purchase hydrocodone without consulting a professional. Thus, only buy hydrocodone online from a reputed vendor to avoid counterfeit products.